How to Stop Cat Allergies
Are you denying yourself the love of a cat because of persistent cat allergies? Yes, some purebred cats such as the Rex and Sphinx are bred hypoallergenic but can be expensive. Besides, everyone knows that the animal shelters are packed with cats literally dying for a good home. You can save the life of a cat and enhance your life with the love of a pet. Suffering with cat allergies doesn’t have to be the case. You can take action to reduce cat allergies and adopt a wonderful friend for life today!
The good news is that if you are experiencing cat allergy symptoms like itchy, watery eyes, you are actually having a reaction to the cat’s dander rather than the cat itself.
Cat dander is microscopic flakes of dried cat saliva that accumulates as a cat cleans itself. Thankfully, there are ways to reduce your exposure to cat dander so you can enjoy to many benefits of cat ownership.
Here are some of the ways to reduce cat dander:
1. Give your cat a daily brushing and a weekly bath.
2. Spay your cat’s coat with a formula to reduce cat dander. Your vet can help recommend one or you can purchase one at a pet supply store.
3. Reduce areas that trap cat dander. For instance, replace curtains with solid blinds and reduce the amount of overstuffed furniture in your home.
4. Vacuum often with a Hepa-filtered vacuum cleaner.
5. Employ an air purification appliance.
6. Regularly wipe down flat surfaces and walls.
7. Make an area of your house off limits to your cat. For instance, make your bedroom an allergy “safe zone.”
8. Your cat’s hair can be used to make a Serum Antigens by a professional allergist. This can permanently cure your cat allergy problem.
Remember, to permanently rectify cat allergies, you must consistently employ these practices. I wish you many happy, allergy-free years with your loving cat friend.